It is difficult to keep up in today’s society without struggling with the occasional bit of self-doubt. This is commonly caused by the culture of comparison we live in. For others, it may stem from a constant struggle to reach perfectionism; which is an unrealistic goal for anyone. Still for others, it stems from a message they picked up somewhere along their journey through life. No matter what your self-doubt stems from, you can reduce the amount of doubt associated with your day-to-day life by changing your mindset. This is easier said than done, but even the smallest steps can get the ball rolling. Changing your mindset requires you to make a shift from negative thinking to focusing on healthy levels of self-improvement. One way to start getting into a more confident mindset is to read, listen to, or watch content that reminds you how valuable you are, makes you believe in yourself, and teaches you how to be proud of who you are. Below are 10 quotes to reduce self-doubt and help you shift into a more confident, self-compassionate mindset.
- “Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.” ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure
- “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” ― Ayn Rand
- “A hero is someone who, in spite of weakness, doubt, or not always knowing the answers, goes ahead and overcomes anyway.” ― Christopher Reeve
- “It doesn’t matter what others are doing. It matters what you are doing.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” ― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
- “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” ― Will Smith
- “If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” ― Vincent Willem van Gogh
- “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.” ― Robert Hughes
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” ― Suzy Kassem
- “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.”― David J. Schwartz
More Help to Reduce Self-Doubt
Reading and reminding yourself of these quotes is just one technique for shifting into a more confident mindset. If you think it is time to talk to someone about your self-doubt, consider connecting with a therapist. We can support you in developing techniques to combat self-doubt and to be the truest version of yourself.